1.13.2012

A Revalation

"Isn't it funny sometimes how, we find ourselves living, like the way we said we'd never live." A line from a song called Teach the World, by a band called Boxelder from South Florida.

Interesting enough, I believe this line is just as much as a positive, as it can be a negative. I look at it with new eyes now a days. I am not anywhere near what I would have thought about say five years ago. Let alone ten years ago. But for instants, let's put it back ten years just for fun.

Ten years ago, I would have been twenty years old. At this stage in my life I was working as a short order line cook, and kitchen lead in a sports bar and restaurant. The menu was consistent with most sports bars you may be familiar with; Pizza, Wings, Ribs, Steaks, Burgers and the like. I worked six days a week, total of fifty five hours. Prepping, Cooking, Drinking and Socializing every day. All of my meals were out and about. Rarely ever eating at home, less it was laundry day. In which case I had some of mom's home meals. Usually Steak and Potatoes kinda meals. This was life as I knew it, and in my head there was no changes going to ever happen. Unless it was to go higher up in the kitchen to kitchen manager, or restaurant owner.

Take it forward to Present Day. I am now labeled as a pure vegetarian, or vegan by some. This choice for me was made recently. But for the last two years I was more conscious about what I ate than ever before. I was a Pescetarian, Or someone who is mainly vegetarian but still eats seafood. My Lady and I just recently made the final switch to pure, for a few reasons. The number one reason for me was health. I come from a family line who carries heart diseases and complications. Also a few of my close family members have been diagnosed or have died due to cancer, and other life threatening diseases. I have a Son now, and when My Lady and I began researching what it was we were giving him in his foods and drinks. What was in his medications and what was in his recommended vaccinations. We were actually aggravated. We realized we too were taking in all this garbage. So we started our venture to become a Pure Vegetarian Household.

We read a bunch of books, and watched many hours of documentaries and educational films and shorts. It all kept adding up and making more sense as we went further into it. The movies became more graphic. The speeches became stronger, and more factual and were backed up by miles of research and education. Now, I want to keep soaking up more and study more myself, personally, so that I too may be a teacher of this way. Why? Because participating in a Plant Based Diet Saves us, and Cures us from disease and early deaths. The facts are there and the proof has been documented by many different sources, doctors, independent study groups, etc.

I am also interested in studying more in my Faith, and Scripture to see what it says about this type of living. From brief overviews and write ups I have seen and read about, I understand that Biblical Diets were based around plants and seeds and nuts. Meat was eaten by many. Usually fish. But such meats like Cattle, Sheep, Quail, and other domesticated farm animals were in fact eaten. To my understanding though, it was not a regular affair such as we do now. Not to mention the quality of the meat that was eaten compared to the garbage that is at the markets now. Meat was usually consumed either during a Celebration or Feast to which the "Fatty Calf" was prepared, or meat was prepared after a Sacrifice for Cleansing of Sin.

My Lady and I were talking the other night, and she had mentioned something in a animal video she caught and how disgusting, and sad it was. Somehow it triggered a thought process in my brain. When we post videos, or mention write ups, or books about Animal Cruelty, Animal Welfare, Factory Farming, Dairy Farming, Vegan-ism, or subjects of the like; The first comments I guarantee most people would come up with would be " Oh I cannot watch this," or " Why would you share this, I cannot hear that/ see that/ know that." We share because it is the WHERE and the HOW. There are not too many people anymore who want to actually know HOW their food is made. They just want to eat it and enjoy the final product. But what if most people were forced to oversee the whole process?

In the old testament, To become cleansed of your sins, you were required to bring a Sacrifice to the alter. More times than not, this was the best of the best of your flock. Be it any of the animals listed above. For some families this was a food crop of some sort, but in most cases documented, an animal. Having seen the videos and undercover documentaries I have, paired with the studies I have read, or heard spoken about these times, I cannot see this task as being something easy in any way. Animals in these times were a sign of wealth and prosperity. They were used in trading, or bartering for other materials, goods, or flocks. Even sometimes given as gifts in exchange for daughters hands in marriage. Beyond that, the animals were usually taken care of by the Family. The Fathers, Sons, and Grandsons. Generations of the Family were required to watch over the flocks. Make sure they were healthy, fed, and well cared for. Thus making them to be almost the equivalent of today's domesticated cats, dogs and birds. So when it came time for one to cleanse themselves and their family from sin, they were commanded to take the best they had. That means taking the healthiest, the archetype the bloodline, the leader of the pack. Walking it to the Synagogue or the Alter; presenting it to God in Prayer and Preparation; and then sacrificing the animal in a designated, kosher way ordered by God.

Now the conversation with my lady went in a sour direction for a moment here. With good understanding too. Like she mentioned to me, this sounds cult like. But like many other examples of scripture that people give, WITHOUT all the other context around it, an the whole story, it will not make total sense.

So again with this understanding of the sacrifice, I could not see this being an easy task. I myself cannot personally visualize myself taking the life of anyone or any animal, especially by my own hand. After watching the heartless Slaughter done to animals in these Factory Farms and Slaughter Houses, this process makes total sense as being classified as Sacrifice. They were taking a life, but it was also taking away their income, and chances to make more of that breeding line. The animal did not just get aimlessly murdered though. They were also commended to prepare it in a certain way that was acceptable, and respectful to God. Then it was served. Leftovers were given to those in need. the bones and skins used to cloth and provide tools for the families, as well as those in need. (* Again, all of the details may not be as in depth or as surface as they could be. This understanding is from my personal readings and studies, in accordance to my memory. I aim to dive deeper into this.)

My Point?

We as a society are disconnected. The pointless Slaughter of Farm Animals, and Wild Animals for human Consumption and Selfish Decoration is beyond belief. The abundance of these products are not only clogging up our society, but is also destroying our environment, our bodies, our brains and connection to one another. There are absolutely NO health benefits of eating or consuming animals or animal products. I believe in the days of Sacrifice for Sins, we understood that animals were part of the planet, just as we are. They were designed to live on the land with us, and enjoy this life. Taking their life was a hard thing to do. We knew it was our fault for not living as we should, and that these animals would have to die because of this. (*I personally believe it was not in vane either, I believe God replaced them plentifully back into the Earth.)

Not much now is so different from that. Billions of documented animals are dying or being forced to produce bodily fluids for Human Consumption & Decoration. We are not living as we should, and these animals are dying for us because of it. But now, there is no cleansing of sins for their deaths. (This ended with the Sacrifice of Jesus according to Christian Faith.) So now these animals are dying simply from our greed. All of it hidden under the misconception that it is normal, and good for our health.

To say we cannot watch the videos, To say we cannot read the books, To say we cannot hear the sounds, is as if to say " I do not care about Myself. I do not care about the Animals. I do not care about Our Children. I do not care about our Future. I do not care about our Environment. I do not care to know where it comes from, or how it effects any of these things. I just want to taste it. No matter what the Cost!"

*I know some people who read this will be aggravated, I am talking about some "Sensative" topics. Faith and Food. But understand, this is the lifestyle I choose. The lifestyle I continually learn more about. The lifestyle I wish to share with anyone willing to listen. So if you have any questions, or advice, or if you just wanna call me a jerk and a know-it-all knows nothing, feel free to email me!

zerekdielinski@hotmail.com

No comments: